Sunday, July 27, 2008

Recontextualization baby!



I've been checking out the local antique scene in Alvin this summer, but I haven't purchased anything until today. I saw these rustic old folding chairs at Dixie Bell Antiques a month ago, but I didn't need any chairs so I walked away. Then I went to this hip florist in The Heights and they were selling a turquoise version of this chair for 125 bucks! So I popped back to Dixie Bell, and there they were; two for $49.00. I've decided to use them as objets d'art instead of things to sit on. If El Ranchito has an aesthetic, they seem to match it.

3 comments:

poopscape said...

Really, really cool. I like your polka dotty Pyrex bowl too.

Danielaphant said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Way to put Alvin on the hip map. What took you so long to get here...we've been waiting....
These look tre chic on the wall.
Lisa