Sunday, December 16, 2007
1. Lee has 5 canine teeth.
2. Julian achieves expert level on Guitar Hero.
3. Daniela’s students exhibit at Contemporary Art Museum.
4. Honeycrisp apples are delicious.
5. Rex has tenure.
6. Oishii Japanese Restaurant is inexpensive, tasty, and fun.
7. The book is in.
8. Julian is on Lamar’s freshmen baseball team.
9. Lee pitched for Neartown in the city playoffs.
10. Rex and Daniela are going to Paris.
Posted by Danielaphant at 11:39 AM
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Surprisingly, the spouse and I are going to Paris over the holiday break. We never manage to go anywhere because something else (baseball camp, new roof, orthodontics, etc) always comes up. We purchased the tickets 6 months ago, when we had some cash on hand, and figured since the money had already been spent, everything else would have to bow to our selfish needs. Voilá, it worked!
It feels strange to be taking a trip as an adult. When I travelled in my youth, there was always the possibility that I could stay there forever. Now I know that I will never "go native" and that I have a mortgage, and a job, and that I am a tourist. Seems less fun somehow.
Posted by Danielaphant at 8:31 AM