Friday, July 25, 2008

Hill Country Beauty

From Neal's Lodges...

This summer we went for the uncomplicated vacation. We rented a cabin in the Texas Hill Country; walking distance from a cold spring-fed swimming hole on the Frio river. Julian brought along his friend Everett and we met up with grandparents and cousins. It was relaxing, unpretentious, and fun. Rex's folks treated us to some fine cooking at Neal's Dining Hall and at night we went to the outdoor jukebox dance at Garner State Park and tried our best to two-step. We are already planning a return trip next summer. By then, perhaps my sunburn will have healed. Let us know if we can book y'all a cabin too!

Click on the slide show to see bigger pictures.

3 comments:

Grumpy Old Man said...

I'll bicycle out there and meetcha next year.

Anonymous said...

I love Garner. I miss the hill country. I went there tons as a kid. I have since forgotten how to two-step. I met people there in high school that I am still friends with.

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! Where did ya'll stay? Thanks for sharing your experience here in Frio Country.. We never get tired of hearing about people enjoying the beautiful Frio River Area.

funrivers.com