Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Top Twenty Teen Flicks















This list was inspired by the movie Juno. I thought, "this movie will be on my top ten teen film list" but then I realized, I've never made such a list. I couldn't limit it to only ten, as it is a rich category, so I came up with twenty. My apologies to John Hughes. Here goes, not in order of preference:

1. Rebel Without a Cause
2. Say Anything
3. Rumble Fish
4. Repo Man
5. Ghost World
6. Heathers
7. Hoop Dreams
8. My Own Private Idaho
9. William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet
10. Juno
11. Crooklyn
12. Quadrophenia
13. A Clockwork Orange
14. Manny and Lo
15. Breaking Away
16. The Sure Thing
17. The Last Picture Show
18. 400 Blows
19. Au Revoir Les Enfants
20. The Virgin Suicides

3 comments:

Grumpy Old Man said...

A bit arty, the list. But good.

You left out "Ferris Buehler's Day Off" and "Carrie." Are the "Harry Potter" movies teen flicks?

ADTEnt, LTD said...

I guess Kirsten Dunst & Michelle Williams are only in 8th grade in "Dick", so maybe they're not teenagers. And I suppose "Elephant" is just too dark. But I definitely think that "Election" deserves a nod! O! So many teen movies! So little time!

Danielaphant said...

Yikes. The Sure Thing is about college students so I'm going to replace it with Rushmore. Can't believe I forgot that one. And Laura is right, Election should be in there somewhere.